I’ve been writing, a lot, nearly 70,000 words of narrative since late August when you last heard from me here. Which may be part of the reason I haven’t felt like updating, but not the entirety of it. I’ve been getting all my words and emotions out in other spaces. I also felt like I needed a break from all of my public social media accounts. Though I have to say I’ve missed some of my friends dearly because that was the main, or only way, we communicated. Social media had been my job, and trying to stay active felt like a job because I didn’t have a lot I wanted to share. Life wasn’t exactly going well.
Now, I’m in a different place and I’m adjusting still to being a student again, to not having money, to working and doing things at odd hours of the day, to not having a set schedule, to needing to be everywhere all at once. It feels like now more than before. Before I lived in a nice little bubble never having to run more than 5 blocks away from where I was. Now I have 3(4) different areas of town I have to be in on any given day. But that’s not what I wanted to talk about.
Let me first do a quick recap in no particular order since the last week in August:
- my plans for an RN has morphed into a PTA – Physical Therapy Assistant. I’m going that route for a lot of the same reasons I was going to do my RN, but you know me, I do movement. So this makes more sense
- I’ve been really active in fandoms again, this time on tumblr, because I wanted a stress free creative outlet
- I’ve been writing, a lot, almost every day
- Because of these last two things I’ve made some new friends
- I got to see Amanda Palmer again, and meet up with friends I haven’t seen in over a year
- Amanda Palmer’s book is amazing and I’ve been so busy I haven’t been able to finish it yet
- and apparently I’m getting old because I keep deciding sleep is more important than reading
- I turned 28
- I’m going to start teaching aerial yoga
- I have a bunch of photos to process yet, so I may do another update soon if I get the chance, who knew school would take up so much time. Clearly I’ve blocked that memory out.
And although things are going better I’m behind on a lot of things, mostly catching up with friends and reestablishing friendships. I’m still mentally recovering from last winter. So if you haven’t heard from me lately it isn’t because I don’t want to talk, I probably do, I probably miss you. I’ve just been so overwhelmed realizing that I kind of dropped the ball on keeping up with anyone around me that I don’t know where to start picking back up again.
Honestly I’m not sure what’s going to happen with this blog. I’d like to keep it going but I’m unsure where we’re going. That’s life though. One never-ending adventure propelled forward by the unknown. That’s what makes it interesting though, no matter how much we plan we never really know where we’re going to end up.